We get you in the pilot's seat fast - and keep you flying.
Developed by professional hovercraft pilots, engineers, and educators, our training and certification program provides the most comprehensive light hovercraft operation and maintenance training available. Our hands-on training is always one-on-one, so each student receives individualized in-flight instruction. We offer specialized courses, developed over 30 years of working with recreational, search and rescue, military/defense and commercial pilots.
You don't drive hovercraft - you fly.
It’s easy to confuse hovercraft with other land-based vehicles since they travel so close to the surface, but make no mistake: hovercraft are flying machines. Because they fly above the surface on a cushion of air, hovercraft operate on the principles of aerodynamics, not the rules of the road or waterways. And because hovercraft are not mass-produced or widely serviced, you or your team must keep it running.
Think of hovercraft operation as a three-legged stool; if one leg is weak, it topples:
- A Properly Engineered Hovercraft. We use the most advanced light hovercraft on the market, so you learn to fly using cutting edge technology.
- Thorough Pilot Training. Our experienced instructors provide a fundamental education on the physics and mechanics of flight, so you have the tools to maneuver in any situation - not just a set of rules that may or may not apply.
- A Comprehensive Maintenance Program. Our maintenance training teaches you how to keep your hovercraft running at maximum performance.
Take a Test Flight to experience hovercraft for yourself or to learn more about our certificate courses:
- Standard: Intensive, full-day training in operation and maintenance including ground instruction and flight training with at least 2 ½ hours of in-flight experience.
- Specialized: Our Standard Training course customized to meet the needs of search and rescue, military/defense, or commercial pilots.
Advanced: Develop advanced skills and learn to maneuver in extreme conditions.
Prerequisite: Standard/Specialized Training or minimum 20 hours piloting experience.
Master: Designed to prepare professional hovercraft pilots to train others and independently maintain and repair craft.
Prerequisite: Advanced Training and minimum 30 hours piloting experience.
- Franchise: Designed for the Hovercenter franchisee, this course consists of Standard Training and training in Hovercenter setup, operations, management, sales, and marketing.